Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Whats been going on with us

Last week on Monday the 13th of Sept. we got a phone call that will make any parent stop in there tracks. The week before we had taken Warren into the doctor because he has been having headaches and I thought they would be related to needing glasses. But nope Dr.Glade called to inform us that Warren had a lesion on his brain that was 5mm and they were pretty sure it was a tumor. They were sending us up to Primary Childrens for more tests. So the neurologist that he had referred us to was out of town so Friday Dr.Bell called us and left Jackson a message saying he would be back in on Tuesday and he would see us then. But he had talked to Dr.Glade about what was going on and he wanted to see Warren. Well when we had made are first appt it was Dec 8 so my first instinct was that is obviously wasnt that serious. So when Jackson called me on Friday and told me he had heard from the doctor I was feeling way scared. I was pretty sure I was going to have a panic attack because I was so worried. The best thing is that I have to say is that we obviously hadnt said anything to Warren so lucky for me Im home with him all day so I couldnt talk about it so in result I dont think I truely believed that my 4 year old had something on his brain especially a tumor I know its still shocking to type it. For me the hardest thing was going to have to tell Warren that he had to go to another doctor because I didnt want him to think that anything was wrong. Because he kept telling me for the last week and half that the doctor didnt fix him because he was still getting headaches. We had told him when he went in for his MRI 2 weeks before that they were going to see how to help his headaches go away. So today Tuesday the 21 we went up to meet Dr.Bell and we were his first apt of the day so it was nice because we got right in. Well it started off by the doctor asking every medical question possible and he even asked me to release my medical records to him because my medical history is so rare and he would love to read about it. I didnt care other than I didnt come to talk about my health.
So after he did an extensive exam, did a few more tests and showed us on the MRI where the tumor was that they are %90 sure its not cancer because around the white spot on his brain there was no blue color, thats what it would show in an MRI if it was cancer. Warrens headaches are probably chronic but he will hopefuly grow out of them when he hits puberty. Im pretty sure I could have kissed the doctor I was so excited other than he told us that we have to do another MRI in 4 months to make sure that it doesnt grow because if it does its probably is cancer because he cant give us a %100 that its not cancer but there like %90 so any mother out there knows Im so grateful and relieved but Ill be even more relieved in 4 months to see that it doesnt grow.
Well Warren I hope one day you read this and you didnt even know this happened because then this will mean that it ended up good.

10 comments:

Courtney Haynie Smith said...

Oh Haley I feel your pain, after what Dillon went through last year with his eye and having the Dr tell us they thing his brain may not have developed all the way, etc. I was a WRECK!! Funny how Dr's give you the absolute worst case scenario when it is usually not as bad as you think. Dillon has a small tumor as well and I have heard that they are fairly common in young children. Good Luck though!

Eric and Megan said...

Haley and Jackson you guys are amazing, and I can't imagine how difficult the last week was for you but I'm always amazed at your optimism and faith! I'm soooo happy everything is ok and you can breathe easy. We will be praying over the next four months!

The Woff Pack said...

Haley, when we found out about Braydon's tumor I felt the same way. You just never know. What a blessing it is to have them in our lives. Warren is such an amazing kid. Good luck! We will keep him in our prayers, I know that they work so well. I hope that you are feeling less stressed now. If there is anything I can do for you let me know. Love ya!

Jen & Johnny said...

Oh my heavens! I am so happy that the tests came back good!! What a blessing!! You guys are amazing!! We LOVE you!!! XOXO

Harris Family said...

Haley Im so sorry, hang in there!!!! You guys have been through alot but the lord doesn't give you something you can't handle with his help. I'll be praying for ya that all will be ok!!! Sure do love you and your boys!!!

Halvorsen Family said...

How scarey. I am glad everything is ok. He is so cute, and everything will be just fine. We will keep you in our prayers.

CAS said...

wow! what a scary story! sounds like a mothers worst nightmare indeed! glad to hear things are better and we will keep you and warren in our prayers! good luck with everything!

Rowley Family said...

Wow that is so crazy! I'm so glad the tests came back good!

Shay said...

I can't imagine your relief..I know my relief was big enough so I can't fathom how you felt all week.

fauxy said...

Oh Haley, I didn't know! So sorry, but so relieved for you at the same time. I think he will be just fine - hope his headaches get better as well. Can you guys be done with these health issues now???